What we care about
Our founders knew science and evidence-based decision making was critical to solving many of the biggest challenges facing humankind. To make progress we would need to work persistently in the face of often daunting odds. That’s just what we’ve done.
- We combat climate change and seek to alleviate harm caused by the heat, sea level rise, and other consequences of runaway emissions,
- We strive to develop sustainable ways to feed, power, and transport ourselves,
- We work to reduce the existential threat of nuclear war,
- We fight back when powerful corporations or special interests mislead the public on science, and
- We ensure our solutions advance racial and economic equity.